This year at BEA, Anne Kubek, EVP and General Manager of INscribe Digital, sat down for a chat with Rich Fahle from Astral Road Media/Bibliostar! This video captures Anne’s thoughts on the trends we’ve been seeing in the digital book space, as well as good practices authors and publishers should adopt to be more competitive.
With so many options in all areas of the market, from formats and retailers to marketing solutions and business models, authors and publishers need to look at each title and think creatively about how best to present the content to its intended audience. Publishers must ask themselves:
- Who are your readers?
- How do your readers prefer to consume content?
- Is there a retailer that has a stronger presence for the category in which you publish? If so, how will you leverage that?
- Is the content a good candidate for an enhanced experience, or perhaps a serialized delivery?
- What is the best marketing strategy?
- How will you strengthen your metadata to improve discoverability of your title?
These are just a few of the questions that authors and publishers need to ask themselves in order to determine the most effective way to take advantage of the digital marketplace.
Taking a holistic approach to your book launch is going to give your title its best chance for achieving its potential in the marketplace. With a thorough understanding of your audience, your content, and the tools available today, you’ll have what you need to develop a tailored strategic approach.
– This post was contributed by Kristin Ellison, Director of Business Development for INscribe Digital –