INscribe Digital works with a select set of published authors. Our expertise and service offerings help to streamline publishing workflows and maximize authors’ marketing opportunities leading to higher book sales. We see the greatest success with authors who have a proven track record of sales in eBooks and/or physical books, have a passion for expanding their readership and are engaged in the marketing process. If you find we are the right fit for your business needs, here is an idea of what you can expect after signing up.
Our basic program includes a strong core distribution and marketing service for a reasonable set of fees and a competitive revenue share rate. We begin our relationship with new clients with an onboarding call to introduce you to your dedicated Client Manager, review our processes and provide systems training. We have an intuitive online submission portal that makes uploading files and inputting metadata a breeze.
Benefits of working with INscribe include the unique ability to submit retailer-specific eBook and metadata files—all under the same ISBN—allowing authors the opportunity to utilize retailer-specific buy links in the back of their books to create a one-click shopping experience for their readers to prompt additional sales.
Plus, clients are able to manage price campaigns across multiple retailers simply and efficiently through one submission. We offer an easy to use help desk service that includes a ticketing system to track your queries and requests to closure. It also provides a knowledgebase of articles on topics ranging from pre-conversion tips to pricing best practices to book marketing resources.
We distribute to an ever-growing list of retailers, subscription services, library systems and other services. Here is just a sample list of our partners, which includes over 300 global retailers and 55,000 library institutions:
- Amazon KDP
- Barnes & Noble
- Baker & Taylor
- Subscription Services
- Library Services
- Baker & Taylor
- College Market
We offer access to a Client Console that provides authors with daily sales trend data, monthly sales, royalty statements, and distribution status.
- Daily trend reporting available on weekdays for Amazon, iBooks, Kobo and B&N.
- Monthly reporting on sales across all retailers and territories.
- Distribution status showing file distribution dates per retailer for full transparency.
- Consolidated monthly payments and royalty statements.
In addition to our core distribution services, we offer marketing support to all clients. This service includes an initial onboarding marketing call to discuss your marketing strategies and plans for supporting your titles. This initial call is further supported with bi-annual follow up calls with your Client Manager to ensure that your marketing plans are on track to grow your sales.
All clients have access to our regular offering of retailer marketing opportunities. These are typically shared on a monthly basis through our client newsletter, with incremental opportunities dropping in often on a weekly basis. Proactive participation in these programs really helps our clients to optimize sales and drive increased awareness of backlist titles. We manage all the backend communication with retailers to help support these marketing programs.
We are big believers in the benefits of utilizing pre-orders to drive sales on new releases. Our clients have the ability to set up pre-orders, without eBook files, up to a year in advance at all major retailers. Only the cover and metadata are required to ensure your new releases have time to build momentum before release date. Most importantly, this is a truly flexible pre-order program. If your files aren’t ready, we can adjust your release dates to give you more time without a problem.
We also actively support our clients’ new releases through INscribe Digital’s social media platforms.
For clients interested in other services, we offer the following for incremental fees.
- Conversion Management
- We have negotiated the lowest possible rates and have a streamlined workflow to ensure your books get to market quickly, and pass all required retailer validations.
- INstore is our proprietary marketing analytics tool for tracking titles in real time across major retailers and markets. This valuable tool helps you know when your titles are live or if they go off sale for any reason. INstore also provides rich data for clients such as customer pricing at the major retailers, current rankings, ratings and number of reviews and access to product detail pages and buy links. You also have the ability to manage your affiliate links within INstore.
- Publishing Strategy Meetings
- For clients looking for a deeper dive into their publishing plans, help reviewing a new series launch or campaign strategy, or even a full review of your covers and metadata, you can set up incremental consultations with our publishing experts.
- Direct Sales
- We can facilitate the creation of widgets for authors to use in direct sales via their own social media sites and author websites.
- Discounted access (with no long-term commitment) to NetGalley, the premiere reader review site.
- New Release Title Launch Package
- Through our premiere marketing package, we will work closely with authors on a major new title release, including guaranteed pitches to the top four retailers, both pre and post launch. This package includes cover and metadata consultation, direct sales widgets, promotion on INscribe social media and website and a month of NetGalley access.
INscribe Digital has a proven track record of success in helping authors to achieve success. Contact us today to learn more.