Publishers – have you experienced the increased sales and market visibility that comes from improving the metadata for your front and backlist titles?
Our next white paper – to be unveiled on February 6, 2016 at the PubWest Conference in Santa Fe and on our blog – will deliver best practices and great tips on using metadata to drive stronger title activity at online retailers, including:
- The benefits of sharing metadata via ONIX, which allows greater flexibility in responding to new industry standards (such as BISG’s new 2015 BISAC subject codes), as well as updating distribution data regarding retailers and territories.
To receive the whitepaper as soon as it’s released, sign up for the INscribe newsletter now, using the form to the right!
Can’t wait for the whitepaper? Check out our Metadata Mindset series for important metadata tips, tricks, and resources:
- Metadata is Money: filling out all metadata fields can lead to sales increases as high as 55%, according to a Nielsen Report in 2012
- BISAC Codes: Why You Need Them, How Many to Use, and in What Order
- Optimize Your BISAC Codes in 8 Easy Steps.
If you’re attending the PubWest Conference in Santa Fe on Saturday, February 6, please say hello to Larry Norton, our Director of Business Development, who will be speaking on the panel “Using Metadata for All Its Worth” from 2:15pm to 3:15pm CT. Participants include:
- Mark Ouimet of Ingram (moderator)
- Larry Norton (INscribe Digital)
- Joshua Tallent (Firebrand)
- Joe Matthews (IPG)
- Leigh Grinstead (Consultant at Lyrasis, specializing in libraries)
You can also follow PubWest conference news on Twitter from February 4-6, 2016: